1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Baur and 2002 "M2" at Ocean Beach Cruise Night August 4, 2014

As you may know, my son, Brian, and I have been recruited as extras in a short film being shot this week in New London, CT.  My involvement started with being asked to help the film crew locates some vintage (pre-1962) cars to be part of the shoot.

So, as part of my quest for the cars, I have  been attending numerous local car shows and cruise nights for the past two weeks or so.  I found myself at the Ocean Beach Cruise Night last night, which, in good weather, usually gets a pretty good turnout of cars, ranging from the 1920's right up to brand-new models.  And you never know what you may see there!


























Here is the Baurspotting Baur parked at Ocean Beach last night in front of the amusement area.  And look what is parked two cars away!

It is the first time I have seen this BMW 2002 at the show, so I made a point to introduce myself to the owner:  Greg of Wethersfield, CT.

This is a 1973 2002 with an S14 engine from an M3!   I can't believe I forgot to get a pic of the engine bay!  Mea Culpa!

































Nice color! 
 Italian turn signals!  Baur at the right of the pic.  ;)

 There!  You can just see the "M Power" signifying the S14 engine under the hood!
 Colorado paint;  Borrani wheels.

























As I understand it, the '02 came from Arizona, and is pretty rust-free.  The S14 came from Greg's previous '02, and was installed by Matt McGinn at Sports Car Restoration in Plainville, CT.  They also did some painting there.  Greg also told me that he has an E9, btw.

Great to meet you, Greg, and I look forward to seeing you and your beautiful car again!  I hope you will consider checking out the Nor'East '02ers Facebook page, if you haven't already!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/bmw2002us/

No comments:

Post a Comment