1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

BMW Love Story (1978)

This is not a Baur video, but it is a video from 1978 about an E21 323i.  My Baur is an E21 323i, so that is close enough for me!  Enjoy!

Thanks to our friend, Adrian P. of the BMW CCA Connecticut Valley Chapter (CVC) for posting this video on the Chapter's website.  Adrian is a dyed-in-the-wool BMW enthusiast, and the Vice-President/Activities Chairman of the CVC.  I recall a few years ago when I attended my first Chapter event that Adrian was the first person I met, and I was struck by his genuine enthusiasm to see my E21 323i Baur, despite its rather tired appearance!  It was a great introduction and welcome for a newcomer to a very friendly club.  Thank you, Adrian!



Here is Adrian's into to this video:

BMW Love Story, a film made about BMW passion from 1978.  The main character is tired of his ordinary car and discovers his answer to a real car lies in Munich.  He discovers all sorts of interesting scenery, BMWs and challenges along the way.  In addition to falling in love with his newly acquired E21 323i, he finds love elsewhere thanks to driving The Ultimate Driving Machine.  He later spreads his word to his mates back home in the US.  Amazing scenery, driving and an array of BMWs from the 30s to 1978 are featured.  I highly recommend, though lengthy.

– Adrian P.

- See more at: http://www.ctvalley.org/#sthash.Lq3ElbOt.dpuf

Enjoy!  And thank you, Adrian, for posting it!

No comments:

Post a Comment