1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Friday, May 30, 2014

Baurspotting Joins Pinterest!


First of all, let me say that I have not been a big fan of Pinterest.  I joined it about  a year ago, or so, but I find that I have hardly ever visited the place. I have always viewed it as just basically an eye candy site for whatever interest you may have, with little else to offer of any substance.  Which is fine, btw, if that is all you are looking for.  My wife uses it for decorating ideas, for example, and she finds a wealth of material there.  To each his own.

Yesterday, however, I stumbled on a great pic of a Rally Baur, which, as it turns out, had been posted to Pinterest.  I hadn't seen it posted anywhere else before yesterday, and believe me, I have looked at a lot of Baur pics!  Since the stated Mission of Baurspotting is to locate, identify and catalogue all the BMW Baurs, I have decided that I owe it to my readership to seek out any and all possible sources of Baur information.

 My initial intent was to re-actvate my Pinterest page, but I have a better idea:  I am actually starting a Baurspotting Pinterest page!   Yes, Baurspotting comes to Pinterest!  

I will also be checking out any other Baur-related pages that might exist out there, of course!

;)

So.... drum roll, please .... presenting "Baurspotting on Pinterest"!  

http://www.pinterest.com/tom82baur/baurspotting/

Please check it out. :)

Here is another Pinterest Baur page that I found, and it was the source of the "Rally Baur".  Leigh Valentine actually posted the pic, if I am not mistaken. 
 
http://www.pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=BMW%20Baur

Below you will find a smattering of Baur pics gleaned from various Pinterest pages.  These pics generally have little or no information attached to them.   A lot of them are just borrowed from other sites with a minimum of attribution.  However if you click on the pic, you will go the site from which the pic was taken, which may, or may not, be the original picture, and you may be able to find additional information there.  Baurspotting, in keeping with our mission, will try to include more info on the pics, where it is available to us.

The examples below illustrate this.

This pic is from a BMW ad for their Classic shop, where they emphasize BMW's renewed interest in catering somewhat to the owners of classic and vintage models.
(... also on Baurspotting) 

Advertisement for the BMW 700 Convertible.  (... also on Baurspotting)

Ebay  (... also on Baurspotting)

Recently sold (fall 2013).  This pic was on Ebay (although both of these ebay pics were also on Baurspotting)

craigs list (... also on Baurspotting)

This pic is from an article in Eurotuner Magazine.  (... also on Baurspotting)

This is our friend Harry P.'s Baur.  (... also on Baurspotting)
 
Baurspotting has traced this Baur through 3 different owners, currently owned by Jesse N., in PNW.

BMW ad  (... also on Baurspotting)

BMW brochure  (... also on Baurspotting)
 
BMW Baur TC3, the only one ever built.

Early E21 Baur which I believe was used in early press releases.  (... also on Baurspotting)

I believe this one is in California.  (... also on Baurspotting)

Recently (2014) sold for $63,000 or so at Amelia Island Show.  (... also on Baurspotting)

This is a toy model of an E21 Baur.  I bought one myself off ebay.  :)  (... also on Baurspotting)

As you can readily see, we have already published a lot of this material on Baurspotting.  And much, much more, of course!  
Anyway, Pinterest will give us another opportunity to spread the word about our unique cars to a new audience.  We look forward to seeing you on our new Baurspotting Pinterest board, and we will make every effort to make it a little more informative than some of the other boards that we have seen.  

Stay tuned!

Baurspotting on Pinterest!
http://www.pinterest.com/tom82baur/baurspotting/





No comments:

Post a Comment