1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Where Is The Baur Plate Located?

E21 (TC1) and E30 (TC2) Baurs all have a  Karosserie Baur plate with a unique number on the vehicle.  Baurspotting uses these unique numbers to positively identify each Baur, and to avoid any confusion or duplication.  That is also the number that the International Baur Registry uses to identlfy each Baur.

How do you find your Baur Plate number?  The plates are in different locations for the E21s and the E30s.  

E30 TC 2:
Here are some examples showing the location of the Baur plate on the BMW TC2 Baur.   The location is the driver's door jamb for US cars between the door light switch and the door hinge.  I am not sure about the RHD Baurs, since I have no pics.  I would assume it would be in the same door jamb where the VIN Plate and GVW plates are located.  I assume that would be the driver's door jamb.  I have no reports of any South African TC2 Baurs having the Baur Karosserie plate.  Please correct me if I am wrong on that.












E21 TC1:
The TC1 (E21) Baurs have a Baur plate number located under the hood on top of the drivers side quarter panel.  

Some are located as above, but others are located just a few inches away from this location, a little further inside the engine compartment:



E10 1600 AND 2002 VOLL CABRIOS AND  TARGA CABRIOS :
I have not found any 1600 or 2002 Voll Cabrios or Cabrio Targas with a Baur plate number yet.  If anyone out there has a Baur plate on an E10, please let me know.





No comments:

Post a Comment