1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Reality Check

I apologize for my recent absence from this blog, for the past week or so.  I have been otherwise distracted by real life duties.  In real life, I run a social services agency for troubled male adolescents.  During this past week we have undergone our bi-annual licensing review, which can be a life or death experience for programs like ours.  I often compare it to having a conjugal visit from the Thought Police and the IRS:   you know that you are going to get screwed at some point... but you don't know exactly when.  :)  It actually was not all that bad, but it does require our full attention to ensure the continued viability of the work we do.  Hence my preoccupation with my professional duties.

BTW, we do run a car donation program as a fund raiser, and we do provide the opportunity for some automotive training to the kids in our program.  But that is a story for another day.  If anyone would like to learn more about that, or make a donation of a car or other support to the program, we would graciously welcome your interest.  Please email me at tom82baur@gmail.com.

I should note that I have a number of posts in the pipeline.   Most prominently, THEPOOLEMAN  was Our Man at the recent Boston International Auto Show, and he has very graciously sent us some photos for that event.  I hope to get a a post together in the next day or so to share the great photos that Ed has sent us.  Thanks Ed!  Sorry for the delay...... it really was 'Hell Week' for me at work last week.

And...just for the record.... Baurspotting has had 427 posts published here to date. That represents tons of info, as you probably know.

But ....... what you probably DON"T know is that we have over 600 MORE posts in draft status....  awaiting publication!   And that doesn't include the NEW stuff that seems to pop up every week!

So.... stay tuned... we really are just getting started here at Baurspotting!

;)

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment