1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Lothar Schuettler at Saratoga, NY May 2011 1956 BMW 502 Baur Convertible

Here is a guy I hope to see at Bimmerfest East this weekend. This show is practically in his backyard, so ... if he can drive this car to Saratoga, NY, I am thinking he will show at Aberdeen, MD. That is a Baur, by the way.  Photo from The Saratogian.

Lothar Schuettler, center, stands near his 1956 BMW 502 convertible after driving it from his home in Bethesda, Maryland to the Saratoga Automobile Museum for this weekend's Saratoga Spring Invitational auto show. Schuettler's is one of about 10 remaining of the original 54 vehicles manufactured. Powering the vehicle was a V8 engine which was highly unusual at the time in Europe because of petrol costs. "When I was growing up in Germany most of the people driving cars like this were doctors or dentists" said Schuettler who also trailered a 1937 BMW 328S Roadster to the show. (ED BURKE, eburke@saratogian.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment