1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Sunday, January 1, 2017

Terry Sayther's 1974 Cabrio Targa For Sale: "One of the Loves of my Life"!

We may have run this Craigslist ad before, but we are running it again here to start off the New Year right!
UPDATE 5pm January 1, 2017:  Terry added the following comment to this post in the Baurspotting Facebook page this afternoon:

Terry Sayther "I have a lot of BMWs, both old and new, and this is the one I drive the most. It has some rust and the original golf color shows through the marginal red paint, but it drives better than any of my other 2002s. Better even than Debbie's s14 Baur Targa---not more powerful, but smoother and better. It has L-Jetronic injection, a high compression M10 engine, 5-sp overdrive, big brakes front and rear, big Ireland sway bars, Bilstein shocks. I'm thinking about Turbo flares and front and rear airdam and spoiler."

 1974 BMW 2002 Baur Targa Cabriolet Rare Classic - $25000 (South Austin, TX)  hide this posting



© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
1974 BMW 2002 Baur Targa
condition: good
cylinders: 4 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
odometer: 100000
paint color: red
size: compact
title status: clean
transmission: manual
type: convertible

Selling the Terry Sayther Vintage BMW Collection

I like unusual BMWs and the Baur Targa Cabrio 2002 certainly fits that category. The Targa is the best car for driving in Texas, in my opinion. I can drop the rear folding top with one arm from the driver's seat and still have shade from the fixed roof. This car has fuel injection from an '85 318i and the high energy ignition from the same car--it gets great gas mileage, always starts, wonderful throttle response, and good power. We installed big brakes, Bilsteins, and bigger sway bars--this car is my favorite car to drive!

Rare Factory Baur Targa Convertible

This car is a rare factory Targa Cabriolet. Made for BMW in the BAUR factory, it has a hard top over the driver and front seat passenger. That cover comes off and stows in special brackets in the trunk. It also has a folding soft top over the back seat area--the driver just reaches one hand back to lower it at any speed.

It as a very powerful 2 liter M10 engine--normal for 2002s but with higher compression for better performance. We have installed a 5-speed overdrive trans because BMW should have installed it; we have installed bigger brakes front and rear, Bilstein shocks all the way around, bigger sway bars, a front air dam, fancy wheels, and more.

This is my personal car--my favorite car to drive of all my cars. It does have some rust and, though I love the color, the paint is bad. The car was originally golf yellow.

The Targa is the best of both worlds--open and closed. Someone will get one of the loves of my life by buying this car for $25k or near offer.

See more pics at terrysaytherauto.com/vintage





http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/5916042517.html
http://www.terrysaytherauto.com/project/1975-2002-baur-targa-cabriolet/
Here is our previous post on this Baur, along with some other links to Terry Sayther posts:
http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/2016/04/terry-saythers-red-cabrio-targa-for.html

Good luck with your sale, Terry! 
Happy New Year To All From Baurspotting!

No comments:

Post a Comment