I stumbled across this Baur tonight on Craigslist. It looked a little familiar, so, on a hunch, I did a quick search of Baurspotting posts. And looky what I found: Baur #340! Bingo! The last time we saw this Baur*, it was for sale in New York last summer. It is also on Ebay, btw**.
BMW Serial #: 6508285
Baur Serial #: 000340-01
- Euro Market only 323i, dash text is in German
- One of only 1659 Baur 323is ever produced
- Highest spec variant of the e21, the first 3-series. 6-cylinder, while all US-delivered cars were 4-cylinders.
- 2014 receipt in hand for a full mechanical rebuild, to the tune of over $10k. Work performed includes a rebuild of the fuel distributor, as well as replacement of the water pump, hoses, timing belt, timing belt tensioner, fuel pump, fuel tank sending unit, fuel filter, air slide valve, warm up regulator, spark plugs, battery, ignition lock, trunk lock, and steering lock. Fuel tanks were removed and cleaned with acid, as well as the inside re-coated.
- Rust free, impressive condition
- Just ticked past 100k miles
- Baur "Top Cabrio" top was just serviced, rear plastic replaced. No leaks.
- Radio and heat work. AC blows but it's not cold.
- Right around the year 2000 this car was brought to Ultimate BMW in New York, where they stripped the car down, repaired a couple dings and signs of rust, and repainted the car in an OEM grey that was slightly darker than the original Polaris.
- Paint looks great with the exception of the the passenger side of the hood which shows a little bit of texture. Looks like some dust made its way under the paint. It's not glaring, but worth noting.
- Wheels are in good shape, tires have lots of life left
- Interior is a bit tired, seats aren't torn up but are worn in.
Shoot me an email and I can provide more details and additional photos.
*Baurpotting post from Summer 2016:
** Ebay listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/322393924357?vectorid=229466&lgeo=1&item=322393924357&rmvSB=true