1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Steve K's Beautiful One Owner TC2 Baur For Sale in MA!


UPDATE June 20, 2016*

Thanks to Andrew Wilson for these pics from today's German Car Day at Larz Anderson Museum in Brookline, MA.  I was planning to attend myself, but decided against it last night.  That is a tough event to attend from this distance on Father's Day, especially when I have the family, sons and grandsons coming a distance themselves to visit me for the special occasion.

Andrew Wilson is seemingly everywhere this year, and he came through with these Baur pics from the show today!  Thank you, Andrew!   And.... Small Baur World!  We know this Baur!  ;)
Presenting Baur 3641!  And, since it is not yet listed in the International Baur Registry, this is officially:  A NEW FIND!  And it is a Beauty!  Congratulations, Steven! 



Well, dontcha know Small Baur World strikes again!  ;)  Baurspotting knows this Baur, although we have never seen it in person.  We have corresponded with the owner, Steve Kasarjian several times over the last couple of years, since we first met his son at Larz Anderson about three years ago.  


I checked my files, and sure enough I have a draft for a post for his sale last fall which, for some reason, never got posted.  Mea Culpa.  I was involved with my son in a short film at the time which was premiering locally, and I was helping in the arrangements for the Premiere.  It was a very exciting and hectic time, and.... well some things got lost in the shuffle, apparently.

(Baurspotting, btw, is a one-man, amateur, part-time operation.  :)  Just so you know, I am simply swamped with material for the blog!  I have published over 1700 posts since we started back in 2011, and I currently have a backlog of 1404 drafts in various stages of development for publication!  That's right, one thousand four hundred and four DRAFT POSTS, awaiting completion for publication!  With new stuff arriving EVERY DAY!  I love it, of course, but.... please cut me a little slack.  I do this as a hobby, and sometimes it is hard to fit it all in.  Life intervenes.  :)  OK, I am done, rant is over1  Now back to work! )

My apologies to Steve, and I am pleased to present this beautiful Baur to you now, if belatedly.

Here is the note Steve sent me last August.
"I personally brought this car to the Unites States via Holland in 1985.  It was custom ordered by me and has been owned and titled one time. The EPA and DOT conversion was done in Rhode Island.   It has 49,200 original miles.  It has never been driven in winter, rarely driven in rain, and has always been garaged.
It has never been in an accident.  The paint is original, the interior is spotless, the tools are complete.  Everything works.  All original  Except radio. It is a good one.
VIN WBAAA710609168629
Baur ID #     B 43641-13
5 speed manual transmission
AC
323i
Power windows and lock"

Here is his Hemmings ad from last year:


Body Style: Baur TC   Mileage: 49.200   Condition: Excellent   Interior: Tan   Exterior: Metallic Black 


Location: Newton, Massachusetts, United States

Description:

1985 BMW 323i Baur TC with 49,200 original miles.  This one owner, 5 speed manual transmission BMW is located in Massachusetts.  It has been titled one time and still has the original license plate from 1985. It was never driven in winter and rarely driven in rain. There is no rust. The paint is original, the glass is original, and the car has never been in an accident.  All chrome and exterior rubber trim are in excellent condition.   Always garaged and always cared for, this adult owned and adult driven BMW drives as new.  The color is Diamont Schwarz Metallic and the interior upholstery is tan fabric.  The dashboard and console are black.  The A/C blows cold.  Everything works as intended.  It has electric windows, locks, and mirrors.  The Bridgestone Potenzas have deep tread, all alloy wheels are clean and bright, and all lighting and all lenses are clear and bright.  All rubber engine vacuum hoses, intake bellows, and belts are new.  Underhood pad is new as are both gas hood struts.  Engine is tuned, transmission fluid changed, and car is ready for daily use or for collection. This car has been meticulously over maintained.  MA State Inspection July 2015.



Location:
Newton, MA 02459
Trans:
Manual
Condition:
Excellent
Exterior:
Metallic Black
Interior:
Tan



These are this pics that Steve sent me last August.  Gorgeous original car.  














My apologies again to Steve for the delay, and best wishes for the sale!  Someone is going to get a very special Baur here!   And thank you to Andrew Wilson for the pics from Larz Anderson today that helped resurrect this post!  

*UPDATE June 20, 2016:   Steve sent me an update today on his Baur.  
"The list of maintenance and vehicle prep grows. As of June 18, 2016 , I just changed all accessory belts, water pump plus distilled water flush, BMW coolant, new Continental timing belt and SKF spring tensioner, camshaft seal and o- ring, not to mention new Bosch distributor cap and rotor .  Plugs too. Didn't want them to feel left out.

Last summer, 200 miles ago, I changed brake fluid by vacuum flush,replaced front and rear brake pads and sensors, recharged A/C, change red hazard switch, installed Pioneer CD stereo with all four Pyle speakers.

There is probably more that I cannot recall at this time. 

Please note:
     Original owner
     All original paint
     All original glass
     All original rims, including full size spare

Baur top leak free and defect free. 
Current mileage 49375 original.

Ready to drive or show."

Thank you for the update, Steve!  

Folks, this is one of the best TC2 Baurs on the market right now!  Somebody grab it!  ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment