1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Baur #917 For Sale Again!

1979 BMW 320/6 Baur Convertible


Thanks to our friend and fellow Baur owner Uwe H. in Germany for the heads up on this familiar..... right here in my backyard, posted only 3 hours ago!  Thanks, Uwe!




Why do I say it is familiar?  Because we know this Baur very well:  it is Baur #917, one of only 3 E21 Baurs in CT, although it is now apparently in Vermont part time.  :)  We have posted this Baur a number of times in the past here in Baurspotting. 










Car is very unique, all euro spec, imported from Germany in 84'.

Its actually a pretty rare one. So being a baur its 1 of 81 known to still exist. It is also probably one of the most well documented as well. I have a binder full of the original documentation.

Mechanically its in excellent shape, has a small oil leak but its just the oil pressure switch so 10 bucks. Its major issues are the body.

Driver floor needs love, both rockers, passenger rear quarter is bondo'd. We think it took a hit and one of the owners tried to cover it up. Trunk is fiberglass mat.

Besides that just some rust on the fenders but that can be ground off.

Has basically all the trim.

The interior is fantastic, newly redone recaros. Basically complete minus a couple small pieces.

Like I said though mechanically its excellent. Only thing it needs there is a new rear lowering spring. One is sagging, bav auto spring.

I daily drive this all over the place, put over 3k miles on it in two months driving back and forth to Vermont from ct.

My motor is special because it was purchased in Germany. The car is a euro spec, was federalized in 84 and has the plates and documentation to prove it.

It has the m20b20, hence the 320/6, it has a small six cylinder. Cousin to the m20b25 in the e30. It has extra torque and makes for a great daily driver. The head was replaced about 30k ago and the motor sounds and drives like it has a cam in it. Because it is the 320/6 that means it has a 4bbl solex carburetor on it instead of the injection. Runs excellent and is extremely powerful in this light car. 4 speed shifts perfect. Tons of parts have been replaced by previous owners and myself.

The dash is in German(easy to learn), everything inside works. Only thing not setup is windshield washer, I just use gas station cleaner if it needs it.

Seals in the top have held up very well to downpours.


This car was bought as a keeper for myself. I was going to fully restore it and pass it down through my family. I have literally never enjoyed driving a car quite like I did with this baur.

It really hurts to put this up for sale or trade but I really don't see myself having the time to work on it. With my current living situation and job situation I just won't have the time to put into it.


I'm looking mostly for a trade, something that is equally as sporty and nimble, must be manual unless you have something really special.

I like unique and classic, before 1985 for most but offer whatever you have, miata, Opel, Saab, Subaru, e30, e21, Alfa, Mercedes, whatever!! The list goes on, if its sporty and manual I may like it.

I will also consider anything with 4wd, no trucks newer than 1980, For Jeeps, the year doesn't matter, I will daily drive a willys if it can take it!

It just has to be something I can daily drive like this car.

I have loads of detailed pictures in addition to what I have posted here

If you want to buy outright we can come up with a number. Feel free to contact me with any questions, partial trades with cash work too. This is definitely a once in a lifetime opportunity, I doubt you will find another baur for sale.

Car is currently in VT but it can easily be brought down to CT or any state in between. I will work with you as long as the car is going to a great home.

If you are still reading you can contact me at 860670811four or email or call, though text is best.

  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
1979 BMW 320/6 odometer: 145000paint color : silver drive : rwd fuel : gastransmission : manual title status : cleancylinders : 6 cylinders
http://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/4799042231.html



Previous posts about Baur #917:
http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/2011/10/history-of-baur-in-us-baur-917.html

http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/2013/08/triumphant-return-baur-917-is-back-in.html

http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/2013_08_01_archive.html

http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/2013/05/small-baur-world-strikes-again.html

No comments:

Post a Comment