1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

1981 323i Baur in Australia

UPDATE 2/24/2014:
Thank you for the pic, Mesrine!  

Mesrine sent me an email today with this pic:
"Here's the baur plate number for the kastanienrot 323i I bought in January. Not sure what will be the fate of the car as it is in a lot worse shape than i thought. Carpet is shot due to clutch cylinder leaking, engine is seized, it was in a crash and the engine bay was not repaired properly so the bonnet doesn't close, doors are rusted through.... Might just take it apart to get my other non Baur going. But I can't decide what to do with the body of the car!"

Any suggestions?



UPDATE from Mesrine, the new owner of this Baur!  Congrats Mesrine!  Mesrine states that the Baur number is 2235.  Thanks, Mesrine, welcome to our Baur World, and good luck with your new purchase!  Please send a pic of the Baur plate number and I will add it to this post!  My email is in my profile of this blog in the sidebar.


And I have just checked the International Baur Registry, and this Baur is NOT listed yet!  This is a NEW FIND!  Congrats, Mesrine!


Thanks to SVD115 in Bimmerforums for posting this 1981 323i for sale in  City Beach, WA, Australia.  Blown head gasket.  Asking $2000 negotiable.







Date Listed:
22/01/2014
Last Edited:
22/01/2014
Listing Type:
Private seller
Make:
BMW
Model:
3-Series
Body Type:
Convertible
Year:
1981
Kilometres:
250000
Transmission:
Manual
Drive Train:
Rear Wheel Drive
Fuel Type:
Petrol - Unleaded
Colour:
Bronze
Air Conditioning:
Yes
Registered:
Yes
Registration Number:
6HJ 648
Registration Expiry:
< 1 month - 12/02/2014

Much-loved Baur-conversion targa top convertible. Always garaged, but not run for past 4 years while overseas. In daily use to work prior to that. Restarted, but blew head gasket, so needs an enthusiast to fix, and I don't have the time. Rest in good condition inc. wheels, bonnet, tyres, roof (totally rainproof).



http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/city-beach/cars-vans-utes/1981-bmw-3-series-convertible/1036927618

No comments:

Post a Comment