1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Baur Co-Designer: Hermann Wenzelburger

Are you a  Baur owner?   It doesn't matter what Baur you own.  If you don't know him already, this is a man you need to know.  Allow me to introduce..... Hermann Wenzelburger, co-designer of the Baur.


This pic is from a factory tour of the Baur plant in Stuttgart in 2002.  I believe he is still alive and living in Stuttgart, Germany.

Here he is pictured at the 100 Years of Baur Celebration in 2010 in Stuttgart. 






This is a pic of Hermann Wenzelburger, co-designer of the Baur, with his former company car.  This is a 'one-off' Baur, and it was the personal car of Hermann Wenzelburger.  You will note that it is not a "Targa' roof, but rather a "Landaulette" with a sunroof!

You don't get this stuff anywhere else, folks!  :)

Stay tuned!

Here is some more information about Herr Wenzelburger, and the restoration of the First E21 Baur.  That is Part 8 of an 8 part series, btw, .... so lots of stuff to see




2 comments:

  1. Unfortunately Mr. Wenzelburger died 31. July, 2014.
    We met him while the yearly Meeting of the Baur TC Interessengemeinschaft, he was a real nice Guy and it was nice to listen the Storys he told us.
    Regards,
    Stefan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for letting me know. I had not heard that, although I knew that he was quite old. I am very saddened to hear.

    ReplyDelete