1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Sunday, June 7, 2015

British Cars By The Sea June 7, 2015 Harkness State Park Waterford CT

British Cars By The Sea 2015!




































This is one of my favorite shows of the season.  Beautiful venue on the lawn at Harkness State Park in Waterford, CT, Long Island Sound on the horizon, perfect summer day (nary a cloud in the sky!), and always a wonderful turnout of British Iron!  Featured Marque this year, I believe, was Vintage Triumphs, and you will see some great ones further down the page.  




 Here are couple of shots of the field today, just to give you an idea of how large it was.  How many cars?  I have no idea.... 200-300 is the usual turnout, and I would bet they matched that today.  I left around noon, and cars were still arriving for the show!
I make no pretenses about trying to cover this show in its entirety.  The pics that follow are simply a select few that I particularly liked, and I will be the first to admit that I have some biases in this crowd.  If you would like to see a more complete photo shoot of the day, I recommend that have a peek at my friend Joe C's flickr page*.


Lousy shot... but there were a bunch of British motorcycles lined up at the head of the field. 


Mini Club car.
Morgan 4. ....  and you can see some of the ash frame. 




 A Mini show without a Union Jack roof would just not be complete! 
When Land Rovers were.... well, Land Rovers!   
 For Rob Siegel!


OK, I have soft spot for Jags.  This is an XK150S.

 Oh, yeah.  And E-Types.  The drop heads are gorgeous, of course, but.... I also love the hard tops.  And BRG.  Note the V12 badge.  ;)
And XK's. 
 Despite being around 50 years old, the design is.... timeless.

 Mark II.
MGA. 


 My friend Josh's RHD Mark II.  

 Bond.  James Bond.  ;)
 This was my favorite take-away from today's show.  New to me.  Lights used during WWII blackouts in the UK.  

 London Taxi.
 Featured Marque:  Triumph.




 When hood ornaments were hood ornaments, and well.... also pedestrian impalers.  ;)













Here is my ride to the British Car show today:
 My 1973 2002 project car, with the hood and trunk sanded to bare metal.   You can see Joe C's 2002 parked behind it in the "Specialty Car" section of the today's parking lot.


Here is a closer pic of Joe's '02, with mine in the background.  We were both at the show today, but I didn't see him.  These shots were taken as I was heading home.

*Joe C's pics from today's British Cars By The Sea
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jcunningham70/sets/72157654189250861/with/18546010466/

No comments:

Post a Comment