1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Baur Gets a Mention in August 2015 Bimmer Magazine!

OK, so Baur was not the focus of the article.  But I loved reading the interview, and it didn't hurt that Baur gets a mention!  ;)

Kudos to Jackie Jouret, Matt Russell and BIMMER Magazine for a great interview with Jochen Neerpasch in the August 2015 issue.  He founded BMW Motorsport, and created the 3.0CSL and the M1.  Not bad for 7 years work! He also gave the OK to artist Alexander Calder to paint the BMW 3.0 CSL race car.  The first BMW Art Car was born.  In the interview, Neerpasch mentions that the M1 was assembled at Baur.  ;)  Great interview!






 Jacky Ickx - Jochen Neerpasch -Ronnie Peterson.
 Poulain's 3.0CSL race car, painted by Alexander Calder.  Why is this here?  Neerpasch created the 3.0CSL and gave the OK for Calder to paint this car.  
 Oh, Lordy!  Neerpasch with Hans Joachim Stuck!
Neerpasch with the Lichtenstein Art Car.  
"In 1977 Roy Lichtenstein turned a BMW 320i into a piece of his art that was driven by Poulain and Mignot at Le Mans 24-hour race and finished 9th overall and first in class.
When Lichtenstein was drafting his Art Car, he spent a long time thinking about all the things that happen to a car.
I love these old black and white photos.  Great shot. 

I don't have a link for the Bimmer Magazine article..... I just got my copy in the mail.  And I don't know if you can get it online now.  I don't subscribe to many print magazines anymore.  A lot of their stuff is old by the time it hits the newsstands in this age of the Internet.  But I do subscribe to Bimmer.   Even Baurspotting  beats them to the punch all the time.  But their forte is doing stuff like this.  And I love it.  

Kudos Jackie Jouret and Bimmer Magazine!

http://www.bimmer-mag.com/issues/132

No comments:

Post a Comment