1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Pulling An M20 323i as a Spare For My Baur


See UPDATE below!


I am selling my 1979 323i project car.  A friend of a friend is doing an M20 swap into his formerly M10 E21.  Because his E21 is a post 1979 model, he can't use my front subframe, but he will use the tranny, drive shaft and rear end/suspension.  The E21 323i was the top of the 3 Series model line and it was the only E21 to have 4 wheel disc brakes.

Since he has his own M20 (325i) to install, I decided to pull the 323i from this one and save it as a spare for my 323i Baur.  I am getting ready to pull the engine this weekend.   Everything is disconnected..... I hope!  :)  I took a few pics of the process today.


Poly strap with chain installed.

Ready to pull.

The "Green Monster" ready for assembly.



Upright installed.

A little help holding the lifting arm.  That arm is one heavy sucker when you are trying to line up the bolt holes!  I love this hoist.... it is a BRUTE!

Those are my homemade wheel stands, btw.  No way those babies are gonna collapse!

Tightening the lifting arm bolt.  That is a 28mm socket on a 3/4 inch drive. Thank you, Harbor Freight!

Here is the set.  

The 'Green Monster' is ready to rock 'n roll.

Ready to go.... just need to move it outside for the actual lifting.  Garage ceiling doesn't allow enough height.

Stay tuned.  Weather permitting, I will yank that engine outta there tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment