1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Vintage at Saratoga....Three New Baurs!

Afonso, owner of Baur #A000048, attended the Vintage at Saratoga yesterday. He did not bring his Baur, but he did meet Lawrence Charlemagne, who has been mentioned a number of times in here as a NY Baur owner. He also met a new E21 Baur owner, George K. of Saratoga, NY. George has just completely restored a beautiful Baur, and he also has a Baur parts car. I have now spoken to Afonso, Lawrence and George, and I will be posting a lot of information that I learned from them in the next few days. I was hoping to do that today, but I had relatives visiting all afternoon, and I was unable to get to it. I have lots of pics of George's Baur, as well as many pics that he sent me from the Vintage show.... And Lawrence's beautiful 2002 appears in a couple of them. I haven't yet mastered the technique of uploading pics from the iPad to the forum, so I will have to do it from my work PC.

Lawrence informs me that his Baur number is A000872-05. He has owned it for about 20 years, and he has restored it. It now has an E30 M20 5speed in it.

George K.'s Baur number for the restored car 1979 323i is A000635, and the parts car is a 320/6 and he thought it was 000685, but he wasn't exactly sure. We will check back on that one.

So stay tuned .... More to come!

Many thanks to Afonso, who wins the BAURHUNTER OF THE WEEK!! award for helping make these contacts! Nice work, Afonso!

Thanks also to Lance, VP of the CT Valley Chapter, who also helped pass along the info about us to George. Thanks, Lance!

UPDATE: I just checked the international Baur Registry. None of those three Baurs numbers mentioned above are listed yet!!!

So it appears that we have Three New Previously Unknown Baurs to add to our list! A cause to celebrate! Thanks again to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment