1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

1984 TC2 Project in Milwaukee, WI: $1500! And we DO mean PROJECT!

Thanks to Layne Wylie for the heads up on this TC2 project car in Milwaukee, WI.  This one is not for the faint of heart, folks!   We don't have the Baur number yet.  I am also curious:  we had a report about a black Baur that was spotted in Minnesota many years ago (like 2008, if memory serves), and we haven't been able to find it.  I wonder if this could be it!  I will do some checking, so stay tuned!

1984 BMW 325 TC2 Baur - $1500




1984 BMW 325i 
condition: fair
cylinders: 6 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
paint color: black
size: compact
title status: clean
transmission: manual 
type: convertible 

Seller's comments:
Super rare Baur e30. There were fewer of these made than e30 M3s, and certainly less than 100 in the US. The TC2 Baur was made in advance of BMWs release of the e30 convertible. It has a removable targa roof panel, and a fold down section at the rear windows.  
This is a grey market car that has been in the US since the 80s. It has EURO BUMPERS, that aren't rusty but have some dings. Also has euro/german language check panel and OBC.
This is a full-on project. It basically needs EVERYTHING done. 
It doesn't run
It doesn't drive
It doesn't have an interior in it
It needs paint/body work and a new top.
But, it also comes with almost everything that is needed to put it back together.
I bought this car a few years back as a "barnfind", there was no engine with it and the interior had been inhabited by rodents. It was nasty. I stripped the interior and dropped in a known good 325i engine and 5 speed transmission. The engine is bolted up, but nothing else is hooked up as far as electrical connections, hoses, etc.
The body is surprisingly rust free, it has a little rust started by the trunk/battery area. The paint (Diamond Schwartz/black metallic) is in horrible shape, and the car has a lot of dings and scratches. It seems the car was in a hail storm at some point. I do have a decent hood and rear decklid to go with the car.
The floor pans need complete replacement. The top isn't watertight and the PO didn't keep it dry, so the floor pans are swiss cheese. The tops are still available from various sources.
As I said, the interior was pulled and tossed. I do have blue carpet and rear seat to go with it. Sorry no front seats.
Arguably the 5 speed swap, Euro bumpers and interior parts are worth close to the asking price.
I'd like to sell it, but also don't need to give it away. I've had it for years and I know it isn't going down in value. 
    https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/6191001527.html

    Thank you, Layne! 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment