1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Sunday, May 7, 2017

BMW Isetta Poses With My 'Patina'd" 2002

I may have mentioned somewhere along the line that it is often important, and necessary, for a Car Guy to have a couple of 'safe houses' scattered around town to stash a few cars until you figure out a way to break the news to 'you-know-who'. ;)  

My son, Brian, is my co-conspirator/enabler in this endeavor, and to that end, I have been known to stash a couple of cars at his place in town from time to time.  

And today, this happened.  

He shot these two photos of the parking lot below, from his window early this afternoon. Gotta love it! He texted me: "that guy drove up in the gadget car, got out, and took a photo. The pink car has a door in the front!"  

Brian had never seen a BMW Isetta before.  ;)

Brian wins the "Johnny-On-The-Spot" Award for capturing this perfect moment of the Isetta owner posing his Isetta and my 'patina'd' 2002! Amazing timing! That is Brian's E30 convertible at the lower left, btw. Kudos, Brian! Great timing, and great pic! ;)

This scene actually has happened a number of times before, where passers-by have been spotted taking pics of the 2002.  Even making offers to buy it!  But never like this...  posing an Isetta with my '02!  I love it!  

 Here is a zoom of that shot!  Perfect!  Nice job, Brian!  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment