1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Kismet: Photographer Michael Compensis Encounters The Bavaria Tour!


"But they'll pinch themselves and squeal
And know that it's for real
The hour that the ship comes in."   

-------------Bob Dylan, "The Hour That The Ship Comes In"

We work very hard here at Baurspotting to spread the word about Baurs, and we are very fortunate to have the help of many fellow devotees around the globe.  Every once in a while, all of this work and support really pays off BigTime!  Thanks to Michael Compensis of We! Shoot It Photography, yesterday was one of those days!  

It was like 'The Hour That The Ship Comes In"!  I know that I would have been pinching myself and squealing for sure!  ;) 

Here is the story:


I got the most amazing message yesterday morning from my friend and fellow Baur owner Michael Compensis, a photographer in Germany. He chanced upon The Bavaria Tour at a railway crossing Friday... he noticed that there were 4 '02 Baurs behind him waiting for the train to pass! The Bavaria Tour! He said he counted.... are you ready for this? ----- 63 '02 Baur Convertibles in the group! Holy Mackerel, Andy! He couldn't believe it! 350+ cars in the tour that day... of a total of 700!  What an amazing coincidence. Michael called it 'the most amazing day in my 'Baur-Life'"! I agree! Stay tuned! Thank you, Michael Compensis!


Here is the message I got from Michael:
Hi Tom,
today was the most amazing day in my "BAUR-Life"! I stopped at a railway-crossing and just realised that there were four 02-Series Baurs behind me. They were on a journey through Bavaria to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the 02-Series. At the beautiful "Schloss Schleißheim*" I met a few more of them... to be honest: about 350 02 Series from 700 traveling through Bavaria. I counted 63 (sixty-three!!!) 02 Series Baur Convertibles... and one Karmann Convertible 😊

As you can see, Michael was pretty excited about what he had encountered!  And so was I when I received his email!  Michael was not expecting this shoot, so he only had his camera phone available.  But thank goodness for that! Look at the pics he sent me!  I was in the midst of an extremely busy day at work, but all I wanted to do was get back to my computer to check my email for another message from Michael with more of these fabulous pics!  Altogether he sent me about 25 emails with about 140 + pics!  Michael, thank you for making yesterday one of the most amazing days in MY "Baur Life"!!!  ;)

By the way, The Bavaria Tour is based in Oberammergau, Germany, and they make daily excursions to various places in the locale.  This trip took them to Schleißheim Palace*, where most of these pics were taken.  My understanding is that there are 700 cars in the Tour, broken into various groups.  So I do not think that all the cars on the Tour were present at the Palace this day.  If I am correct in this, that means that there are MORE Baurs on the Tour than the 63 spotted today, folks!  :)  For example, I do not see the Cabrio Targa that our friends Mike and Eileen Pugh are driving in these pics below.  But perhaps I missed it. We shall see! ;)  
What an amazing trip!  Enjoy! 

 
This is how it all started, a glance in the rear view mirror.  "And what to my wondering eyes should appear"....   ;) ..... four 2002 Baurs!  Fancy meeting YOU here!  :)

Michael's TC1 Baur with the '02 Baurs.


Karosserie Baur Badge







































Whoa!  The Baurspotting Doppelgänger!  :)  I didn't see THAT one coming!  I would love to contact the owner of this Baur!  Does anyone know the owner?  
I even have the same clear turn signals! Perhaps mine will look this good someday!  




















The über-uber rare Karmann Cabriolet!  I am told that this is a prototype.









This is the photographer Michael Compensis' TC1 Baur!!  It’s a 320/6 with Baur Number 616. 

Nice Baur, Michael! 


































Michael's TC1 Baur.  











And.... the Piece de Resistance:  2002ti Diana, built at Baur! 
The 2002ti Diana, owned by Andy Andexer.  One of 4 remaining Dianas, of the original 12 built!   Baurspotting has featured the Dianas several times----it is a Baur! 






While Michael was focussed on the Baurs that were present, there were around 350 cars in the tour, including many very interesting specimens.  Here are a few that he included:

BMW 1600GT

Another BMW 1600GT 

OMG!  The 2002 GT4 Frua!  Lordy!  :)

Frua and Alpina!  How would you like to have those two in your garage! ;)


Alpina!





NK and Alpina

NK

Nurburgring Decal


Alpina, perhaps?


Turbo!




Michael's Baur, again.  Thank you, Michael!  

The next time you are out for a beer, put it on my tab!  Tell them to bill it to Baurspotting! I owe you one!  ;)

Here is some info on our photographer, Michael Compensis:

WE! shoot it

Michael Compensis

Alter Messeplatz 4
Rückgebäude
80339 München

NEW WEBSITE !

www.we-shoot-it.com


Previous post about Michael Compensis:
http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/2015/12/a-tale-of-two-baurs-from-michael.html


No comments:

Post a Comment