1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Another Unbelievable Small Baur World Find!

Regular readers of this blog are familiar with the term:  "It's a Small Baur World".  I use it to refer to those occasions when we 'discover' what we think may be a 'new find' Baur, and it turns out that we already had 'spotted' that anonymous Baur previously, stored it in our files.... where it lay waiting a 'full' discovery and identification.

It is amazing to me how many times this has happened over the past 4 years.... and it has happened AGAIN!  It undoubtedly is a function of the fact that there are a finite number of Baurs left, and we seem to have found nearly all of them.... at least in the US.

Here is the latest example, and I confess that when I saw it--- even though I have seen this scenario numerous times--- I was stunned to see it!

As has happened so many times it the past, the circumstances were entirely serendipitous.  I was cleaning up some files on my iMac desktop, and I was just learning how to move screen shots into my picture files.  (Yes, I am still on the iMac learning curve.)   :)

I found this pic on my desktop:





















Dylan Hatfield sent me this pic, and I added to this blog on November 1, 2014.    I am not familiar with Instagram, and so I have no idea how to contact any of the names listed above to seek further information on this Baur.  I would appreciate any help if there is someone out there who can contact them.

As I looked at this pic tonight, however, I was struck by the license plate.  It looked familiar to me.

Well guess what!  It IS familiar.  :)











Remember this, posted just the other day:  Baur Fashionista?

These two pics are from Laurent Nivalle, the Art Director at Citroën.  Beautiful pics!  Kudos, Laurent!

https://www.facebook.com/laurentnivalle/posts/833312050060917

Now check out the license plate:











Wow!  Do you believe it?  

These pics appeared in this Baurspotting blog post the other day:  
http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/2015/01/baur-fashionista-great-baur-awakening.html

Another triumph for Small Baur World!  

Thank you again, Dylan Hatfield!  










No comments:

Post a Comment