1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Monday, December 31, 2012

New Baur Cabrio in NH!

I received an email this afternoon from Mike B. in NH.  He had stumbled across this blog and sent along some pics of his Baur Cabrio, which is currently sitting in his garage.  It has been in storage or in the garage for the past 17 years.

Great to hear from you Mike, and thank you for the pics.

Mike also sent along a pic of the first 2002 Baur he ever saw, back in 1985 in Rome. this was his comment:
"I have attached my picture of the first 2002 Baur I saw.  I think this was in 1985 in Rome.  I thought it was so cool back then I had to stop and take a picture of it."
The Baur Cabrio Mike B. spotted in Rome circa 1985.

Here are the pics of mike's Baur Cabrio in NH:



The VIN is 3595034.

Mike also mentioned that he "would love to find a place to look up the original VIN and find out what I could about the car."  Any suggestions for how he could go about that are most welcome, and I will pass them on to him.


Congratulations, Mike, on your welcome to our community, and thank you for the contact and the pics!






1 comment:

  1. Hello Mike,
    I am a new Baur owner (1974 BMW 2002 Polaris Silver) in So. NH.
    You can email your VIN number to the factory at the info.grouparchiv@bmwgroup.com and they will tell you some information about the car. Do you still own your Baur at this point? Pat at Albin3103@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete