1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Out With The Old, In With The New.... Bumpers, That Is

My project this afternoon, in the 92 degree heat, was to change the front brake pads (Mission Accomplished!), and start the bumper switch project. You may be aware that my Father's Day project two weeks ago, was to remove the Euro bumpers from my 323i Euro project.

 Today I removed the front bumper from the 323i Baur, in preparation for reattaching the Euro bumpers. As you can see in the pic above, the old 'diving board' US Spec bumper is off!  It resisted coming off easily because I believe it took a minor hit at some point prior to my ownership. I can see where it was a little out of alignment, and wouldn't come straight out. I had to separate the bumper shocks from the bumper and remove them separately.

 But.... They are HISTORY at last! And the Euro bumper is almost ready to go on. The Euro bumper is missing the rubber strip for now. I may have to order that from Germany if the local dealer can't get one.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment