1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Friday, November 4, 2011

Another Baur Comes In from the Cold!

Welcome to Ras who contacted me today with info on his 1981 320i Baur!

This is another Baur that we were aware of, but had no definite information on, UNTIL NOW!  Ras is listed
on our Interim Status Report Baur TC1s in the US under "Known Baurs, Unknown Baur Numbers".  He is also listed on our Google map, but we had only 'southern US' as his location, because we weren't sure where he was located.  I will be updating both of those with his information shortly.

In the meantime, here are some pics that Ras sent, including his Baur plate number.  I notice, btw, that Ras' Baur is not yet listed in the International Baur Registry, so this means he is a NEW FIND..... even though we kinda knew he was out there somewhere.



Ras tells me that he is in need of some locks and lock plates for his convertible roof, btw.  (#6 and #1 in the diagram below.)  If anyone has those available for sale, please shoot me an email, and I will forward it to Ras.  Apparently, these are among the Baur-specific parts that are no longer made.


Welcome Ras!  You have 'come in from the cold'!!

Stay tuned, more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment