1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Sunday, November 12, 2017

Small Baur World: Crossing "The Pond" Department!

UPDATE:  753PM November 12, 2017:  Alexandre just responded to this post in Facebook:  "Alexandre Hohagen This is amazing. And the story about how I got the car is even better. Browsing the internet in a sleepless night. Found your website. Saw the car. Fell in love and due to time difference called the previous owner in the middle of my night. I wanted to move fast. So I reached out to a fellow Brazilian friend who works in Dublin. He went there, took pictures and a video. I bought the car and only saw it for the first time when it arrived here in Miami. Nothing like a connected world. Thank you all!!!"
It is a wonderful Small Baur World, indeed!  ;) 

Well, our friend, Baurspotter extraordinaire Bob Kaufmann, has done it again!  Earlier this week he sent me another link to a Baur that was posted in the 2002 Facebook page.  I have a had a very busy week, and I have been fighting a nasty cold, so I didn't get to look at it until today. Alexandre Hohagen posted some pics of his beautiful, recently-acquired 2002 Cabrio Targa by Baur, with the following comment:
  "This is my 1973 BMW 2002 Targa Baur RHD. Any other RHD Targa in the US?!"


I responded to his inquiry:   Yes, Alexandre, there is at least one other RHD Cabrio Targa that I know of: a green one in Southern California. Probably more, but I can't think of any off the top of my head! Welcome!   
I shared his post to Facebook Baurspotting, as always, and received the following response from Alexandre:  Alexandre Hohagen Thank you so much for the warm welcome. And also thanks to you I found this RHD in the countryside of Ireland. I'm now located in Miami!

Naturally, that comment ('thanks to you') aroused my curiosity!  So I did a little search of the Baurspotting files, and BINGO!  I found it!  it was listed in Ireland in a Baurspotting post back in April 2015, thanks to another Baurspotter Extraordinaire, Barry M. Foley! You can see the original post here*:   Small Baur World once again!  And this time it involves a Baur that started out in ireland, and has now ended up in Miami, FL USA!  It is a Small "Cross The Pond' Baur World!  I love it!  

But wait!  There is more!  Our friend and fellow Baur owner Dirk de Goen also played a role in this@**






**I mentioned above that Dirk de Groen also played a role in this.  In checking my files, I found that Dirk had given us a 'heads up' on a new Baur Cabrio Targa import,a while back although we did not have any other information at the time.... but, as it turns out.... this is the same Baur!  Here are the pics Dirk posted!  

Amazing work, Team Baur!  








Thank you, Bob Kaufmann, Barry M. Foley, Dirk de Groen and welcome to Baurspotting:  Alexandre Hohagen! 

And Congratulations to Team Baur! It is indeed a Small Baur World!  

;) 




https://www.facebook.com/groups/bmw02/permalink/10155807254339076/

*Original Baurspotting post on this Baur from 2015 in Ireland:
https://baurspotting.blogspot.com/2015/04/2002-cabrio-targa-by-baur-in-ireland.html

No comments:

Post a Comment