1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Saturday, September 17, 2011

WTF Department: The 1948 Davis Divan





OK, this is a little off-topic, maybe even a little off the wall.... but ....  occasionally we will post items that we think are of unusual interest. 
Last night Tom D, my friend Bill K., and I stopped in at F40 Motorsports in Portland CT before we went to dinner. I was perusing the F40 website later on, and I came across this pic, which was taken at an F40 Car show back in 2009. My reaction was.... WTF?





I found this quote:
"The purple car, is Davis #9, serial #482E99, which I visited in Oregon in 1998, which has bounced around several owners and a couple of auctions, and was reputedly last known to be headed for Connecticut! What a Distinction!!! The only Davis in all of New England. I have E-mailed the owner, but no response"
Also:
"a 1948 Davis "Divan" coupe ... 1 of 13 made ... all aluminum body ... removable hardtop ... 3 wheeler ... most ran a Hercules or Continental inline-four powerplant ... but this one was powered by a V8-60 Flathead!"

... on this site:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...l+cars&ct=clnk


Meet the 'Davis Divan"!

http://www.suarezweb.com/davis/davismen.htm

At least for me this was ..... learn something new every day.... !!

In case, like me, you are wondering why the three wheeled car didn't really catch on, well.... Jeremy Clarkson of TOP GEAR may have found the answer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQh56geU0X8&feature=player_embedded

Many thanks to bcalis of bimmerforums for giving us this link!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment